Explosion of particles in volume
I just started using TyFlov. Help me please. I need to create an explosion of a pile of sand. The central part should explode - rise up in a column, swirl and then fall down (it should look like an explosion of a nuclear bomb). I have sand particles distributed over the volume of an ordinary cone. And when an explosion occurs, the central part of the particles should fly upward, and the rest remain in place.
I tried to indicate let the PathFollw and apply force, but everything acts on all the generated particles. How can only the central part be made to explode?
Do you want real nuke explosion, or particles (that looks like sand) form a nuclear explosion shape?
Either way, your best bet is to use some fluid solvers for this (Phoenix FD, FumeFX), not Tyflow (it's not fluid simulator).
If you want sand, just use the above solvers to create nuke explosions, and use Tyflow birth fluid,. and fluid update operators, to drive the sand looking particles with these solvers.

You mentioned particles dropping down... that's what confusing me a little.
From the nukes references I saw... nukes are more like.. huge blast.. huge mushroom shaped cloud that is slowly swirling, and very slowly (probably for hours) dissipates... no falling at all...

If you can get more info on what you exactly need,.. it will be easier to answer...
(12-09-2021, 08:18 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Do you want real nuke explosion, or particles (that looks like sand) form a nuclear explosion shape?
Either way, your best bet is to use some fluid solvers for this (Phoenix FD, FumeFX), not Tyflow (it's not fluid simulator).
If you want sand, just use the above solvers to create nuke explosions, and use Tyflow birth fluid,. and fluid update operators, to drive the sand looking particles with these solvers.

You mentioned particles dropping down... that's what confusing me a little.
From the nukes references I saw... nukes are more like.. huge blast.. huge mushroom shaped cloud that is slowly swirling, and very slowly (probably for hours) dissipates... no falling at all...

If you can get more info on what you exactly need,.. it will be easier to answer...

Thanks a lot for your help. I know about Phoenix and FumeFX. And, probably, I don't to describe correctly what I needed. I agree that a nuclear explosion hangs in the air and stays there for a long time. I just need the shape of the particles themselves, similar to a nuclear pillar. So that part of the particle is directed vertically, and at the top is sprayed into the cloud. Now I will try to do it only with the Tyflow. And my main problem now is how to make sure that the Force is concentrated on the central part of the sand hill, and those particles that are nearby were little affected by the Force
Thanks for the help)