distribute meshes in groups with collision
Hi

I'm looking for the best way to first distribute stemmed flowers on a branch and then have them waft in the wind with collision. Ideally I'd make a group of about 7 or 8 flowers, distribute that, then have the flowers in individual groups collide both with each other and flowers in other particle groups.

I'm a tyflow beginner. Any advice welcome.
Thanks.

There are several ways to approach this, all depending on the complexity of the scene and how close the camera will be to the dynamic elements.

If you needed 100,000 flowers I'd recommend the Wobble operator with a Particle Physics operator on the wobble driver particles, for (faked) collisions between them.

If you needed only a handful of hero flowers, I'd recommend tyActors combined with a PhysX/tyParticleSkin setup.

You can find examples of both in the official scene files....not specifically for a flower setup, but showing the basics of how to use them.
Thanks.
I managed to get a simple clump set up with Birth Objects, PhysXShape and Wobble, but the collisions only seem to work when I set the Hull Type to Mesh.

I can find a grass/wobble example in the example scenes, but not one with Particle Physics. Which is the file showing this?

Thanks for the help.