Benefits of high end gpu with Tyflow?
Hi! 
I am about to buy a new computer with a Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti gpu and I’m a bit curious about how much benefit one might get with a pretty powerful graphics card like this in Tyflow? I am pretty new to Tyflow and I read recently in the Tyflow documentation that a couple of solvers have support for GPU acceleration. Does this mean the benefits are pretty limited, or are these solvers used in many situations?
tyFlow uses your GPU for its bind solver...which covers things like cloth, ropes, tets, etc (these all have a CPU alternative, but its very slow). Also specifically its CUDA Cloth Collision Solver, which only runs on the GPU (and doesn't have a CPU alternative). If you're doing heavy cloth/bind sims, you'll want a fast GPU.
(12-29-2021, 06:01 PM)tyFlow Wrote: tyFlow uses your GPU for its bind solver...which covers things like cloth, ropes, tets, etc (these all have a CPU alternative, but its very slow). Also specifically its CUDA Cloth Collision Solver, which only runs on the GPU (and doesn't have a CPU alternative). If you're doing heavy cloth/bind sims, you'll want a fast GPU.

Thanks for the reply! Ok nice, seems like the GPU will be quite useful then Smile Hopefully the Intel i9 12900k CPU, which will be in the computer, will be pretty fast with Tyflow too, for CPU tasks.