How to bake vertex color to tymesher ?
Hi everyone [Image: smile.png]

I`m struggling with a problem that I can't solve. The case is, I need to save tymesher to alembic with velocity channel in vertex color to get motion blur in Maya. I created a flow that is loading particles from phoenixfd. Then I mapped velocity to map channel 2 in my particles, then loaded them to tymesher with uv inherit. And here I get a BIG WALL ... I don`t know how to transfer this UV mapped velocity from tymesher geo to add vertex color into it. I bet there is someone who knows how to do it. I was looking for some kind of script but no luck. Please help! [Image: cry.png]
I'm not sure what you mean...the UVW data, if mapped from velocity, *is* the color data. The UVW values should literally by the x/y/z values of the velocity vectors (ie, the float RGB values needed to calc moblur).
Yeah, if we render that from Max there is no problem at all. But I`m looking for a fast/simple metod to transfer sim from Max to Maya. And if I could bake that UVW directly to vertex color data that would be awesome. I have a tutorial on how to do that in Houdi but it's not that simple to recreate it in Max.  https://vimeo.com/254225706 . At first I was thinking that PhoenixFd will give me the option to save the mesh with that vertex color but max alembic won't save it. Or am I just doing it wrong? Then I was thinking of transferring velocity with uvw by tyConform directly to phoenixfd mesh but after a few crashes I left that idea. Next step was to save it by tymesher uvw, and somehow redirect that value in Maya. But now I have a problem with it, because Maya dont have tools for it. And to calculate the velocity it must be saved in the vertex color channel not as a uv set. Was looking for some sript to do it by http://forums.cgsociety.org/t/copy-uv-se...1611417/10 . There is some possibility but it will not work on changing topology and there is no W value in it. So I`m looking to redirect those values inside Max. Hitting a wall again.