cache out instanced vray proxies
Hi

what is the workflow for caching/exporting out shape operators that are pointing to a vray proxy?
bear in mind i have over a million of these Smile

i don't want to export as objects, otherwise i'll have a million + objects in my scene.
essentially i want a cache with all the position/rotation/scale etc data and somehow add shape vray proxies to that

is this a case of having 2 flows? or am i missing something Smile

thanks in advance

Harv

i have it working with 2 flows Smile
Any mesh input into tyFlow (VRay proxy or not) is converted into an internal tyFlow mesh and will be cached out as such. The number doesn't matter though. A million particles instancing a single VRay proxy will be cached as a single mesh and a million transforms (so, very light) when converted to tyCache.
(01-17-2022, 08:44 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Any mesh input into tyFlow (VRay proxy or not) is converted into an internal tyFlow mesh and will be cached out as such. The number doesn't matter though. A million particles instancing a single VRay proxy will be cached as a single mesh and a million transforms (so, very light) when converted to tyCache.

Thanks Tyson, i will give that a go Smile

Harv

Works a treat !!!!

Hey Tyson, in my cache i have multiple objects with multiple materials. how can i change these materials

file info for the cache say " instance mtl lib: FOUND count 6"

where/how do I access these?