scale effect not working using keyframes
Hi

the main issue is when I use the scale modifier without keyframes I get an effect I expect BUT when I try to use keyframes the effect is hardly noticeable. Pix attached.

Another thing I have noticed when applying a Max modifer the tyFlow flow disappears.

thanks

John

I'm not sure I understand what the first issue is. The modifier is causing the mesh to disappear because you don't have a Mesh operator added.
Hi
When I scale (on the z axis) without keyframes to 1% (as an extreme example), the particle squishes to almost nothing, as expected, but when I do the same thing with keyframes active, to 1%, the particle re scales almost un-noticeably, to say maybe 97-98-99% of the original scaling.

Mesh operator missing, excuse my neewbie-ness.

Thanks
John
Oh, I see. Can you attach the file?
Hi
File attached, it has 3 keyframes, 2 at 100% and one at 1%, as you will see the particle hardly changes BUT I tested again and without the keyframes, at 1% the partclie is flat.
I put a Mesh operator in the flow and adding a modifier still makes the flow disappear.

Attached Files
.zip   Bun Plate and tyFlow.zip (Size: 534.04 KB / Downloads: 89)
Thanks I will check the file when I get the chance.

You have to turn "render only" off in the Mesh operator, which is on by default.
Thanks for the help and the software !
Here is a screengrab of the curve editor, the keyframes and scale change (100 to 1%) show, so it's a mystery.
I changed the render only tickbox, now the particle stays visible but the icon disappears.

Icons are drawn by the BaseObject and will disappear when modifiers are applied, yes.
You have the simulation retimer enabled on your flow, and it's set to 11%...which means the scaling doesn't happen until frame 500.

Remember, the retimer applies to the entire flow as a post-process.
Thanks for the info and your patience !