Very Newbie (suggestions)
I'm currently learning TyFlow, but already I have a couple of requests/questions.

1)  The Operator Buttons in the Editor, are listed in a 'logical' sequence but that isn't helpful for someone learning, please can we sort ALL the operators Alphabetically?

2)  Furthermore, those Operator buttons are grouped by their purpose (and colour coded) which you can refine by clicking their group buttons, yet those group buttons don't have any tool-tip, so you have no idea (unless you're an expert in tyFlow) what they're for.

3)  Another post (2019) by the Admin of this site stated that there'd be an Indie price.  As it stands, for me, an Indie user of 3DS Max, I'd be paying more for tyFlow than I do for 3DS Max itself!  This doesn't make sense.  Yes, there is a free version but it doesn't support GPU and more than 1 core. Please can we have an Indie version that is the same for the Pro version but is for those of us who don't make a lot of money from 3D. 

Many thanks.
Hi Jez, thanks for the suggestions.

1) Wouldn't that even be more confusing? Someone completely new to tyFlow probably doesn't know the names of the operators either way, so alphabetical or not they still have to search through the list...and not being sorted by color/category (like they currently are) means there's not an easy way to pickup on visual cues to help remember where specific types of operators are.

2) The tooltip is a good idea. I will see if that's something I can implement.

3) The "indie" version I originally considered was eventually converted into the current free version. I think $0 is pretty reasonable in terms of price, considering what is provided. Even though the free version has its 3 limitations, it's still a very capable plugin with a ton of features. If you don't want tyFlow FREE or tyFlow PRO, you are also welcome to continue using past beta versions for as long as you like. They are not only free but also fully unlocked. Only downside is you don't get access to future updates. I think that's a pretty fair trade-off. Instructions for downloading past beta versions are here:

https://docs.tyflow.com/faq/beta
(01-31-2022, 02:24 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hi Admin, You're welcome Smile.

1) Would that be more confusing? I don't think so at all.  If you're a beginner, and you're trying to find "Speed"....it's a bit of a nightmare.  You've got no idea where to look so your eye scrolls through the columns of words, but they're not in alphabetical order.

Maybe if you added a toggle switch to have it as it is currently or to sort them into alphabetical order?  That'd work for me (and those who prefer it as it is).

2) The tooltip is a good idea  - I think so too Smile

3) Point taken, yes, $0 is a good deal Smile  But so too would an Indie version.  I believe you'll catch more interest for people like me, who $500 a year is simply not viable.  Say for example it was $80 for Indie, that then would work and be a pretty good price for an Independent Freelancer, who probably has a ton of other plugins (Forest Pack Pro is a good example of a well thought out subscription model).

Just my $0 worth Smile

Either way, I'm having lots of fun learning Tyflow (apart from 1) above Smile ) and thank you for creating this masterpiece Smile 
A toggle is an interesting idea...generally I try to avoid adding more UI elements when not necessary though. Maybe a right click option? Hard to say what the best solution is. This is the first time someone has mentioned the ordering of the operators is confusing, since tyFlow first launched 3 years ago, but perhaps the issue was going unreported by users. If others were running into it and they see this thread, maybe they can chime in to better determine what the most intuitive solution could be...

Btw, you can also use the tab menu to add an operator, and it should be fully alphabetical. Just press Tab in the editor to bring it up and start typing an operator name. That can end up being faster than rooting around for an operator in the list, even if you know what the categories are by heart.
(01-31-2022, 04:02 PM)tyFlow Wrote: A toggle is an interesting idea...generally I try to avoid adding more UI elements when not necessary though. Maybe a right click option? Hard to say what the best solution is. This is the first time someone has mentioned the ordering of the operators is confusing, since tyFlow first launched 3 years ago, but perhaps the issue was going unreported by users. If others were running into it and they see this thread, maybe they can chime in to better determine what the most intuitive solution could be...

Btw, you can also use the tab menu to add an operator, and it should be fully alphabetical. Just press Tab in the editor to bring it up and start typing an operator name. That can end up being faster than rooting around for an operator in the list, even if you know what the categories are by heart.

Thanks Ty,

Maybe you're right, I am aware of the Tab feature and perhaps it's a case of employing that. (the right-click could be the way too).

Either way, I still maintain that those tool tips would be handy for their categories Smile 

Once again, many thanks, tyFlow is an excellent product and I'm really looking forward to learning and using it over the coming months/years Smile
Thanks Jez! And tab tooltips will be in the next build.