A small suggession
Hi!
I was just working on some phoenixFD simulation, with some of your spacewarps....Now heres what a thought came in my head and ofcourse you know better whether it can be done or not.....

But like if I create a small tyflow simulation with some random or designed velocity, can we have a spacewarp operator, which can convert my tyflow event into a practical spacewarp which I can then use in any  simulation.

something which I can include in tyspacewarp and use it as space warp....that way I can have my own custom designed spacewarp

Thank you
Nayan Bodawala
Hmm I'm not entirely sure what you mean by making a simulation with a designed velocity...

Spacewarps are pretty simple internally, they take an input position and output a velocity vector. So they are functions and can take arbitrary input. I guess I'm not seeing how you could create a flow that could be translated into a function like that...
(02-01-2022, 03:03 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm I'm not entirely sure what you mean by making a simulation with a designed velocity...

Spacewarps are pretty simple internally, they take an input position and output a velocity vector. So they are functions and can take  arbitrary input. I guess I'm not seeing how you could create a flow that could be translated into a function like that...

Hey there! let say for e.g. if I have some particles revolving around an object, like a cross vector, or I have a surface force with texmap and gradient tracer............what if I want to use that for some other simulation like phoenixFD. then I can use that corss vector velocity or surface force velocity as spacewarp and apply in phoenixFD.....

I mean this is a very simple example......
Interesting...
Are you talking about something like vector fields?
I know you are able to export vector fields from the splines in 3DS Max to Unreal Engine (that Unreal particles can use it as a guide to travel)
Here is an example with a script:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1brvWy3SYY
(go to very end of the video to see result in Unreal)

So... what if you take your initial particle system, and make them leave a spline trail with spline paths operator.
Then you can take that spline and use it in path follow operator in the new particle system.
Path follow is basically a force that attract particles to spline, and therefore you should have similar results like in the above video with Unreal.
----------------

Sorry if I completely misunderstood your question. Smile
But yeah.. crating your own space warps is something I've been asking myself for years how to do.
(02-03-2022, 12:59 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Interesting...
Are you talking about something like vector fields?
I know you are able to export vector fields from the splines in 3DS Max to Unreal Engine (that Unreal particles can use it as a guide to travel)
Here is an example with a script:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1brvWy3SYY
(go to very end of the video to see result in Unreal)

So... what if you take your initial particle system, and make them leave a spline trail with spline paths operator.
Then you can take that spline and use it in path follow operator in the new particle system.
Path follow is basically a force that attract particles to spline, and therefore you should have similar results like in the above video with Unreal.
----------------

Sorry if I completely misunderstood your question. Smile
But yeah.. crating your own space warps is something I've been asking myself for years how to do.
yeah I am talking about vector field which I can customly generate in tyflow and use that as spacewarp in any fluid system like phoenixFD. How tyvortex, then same way how about creating your own vortex in tyflow and then assigning it as spacewarp......that would be really cool