collision help wasted alot of time
i trying to re create this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVMjD3_RsP8

1: body tyflow1 added screws
2: tyflow2 falling nails.

tyflow1 object bind + position object selected the human body
tyflow2 object bind + position object selected the human body

is this why body is not colliding with the particles already sitting on ground.
in this video you can se as he moves left and the right the particles go flying out of the way this is what i want to do what am i doing wrong.

[Image: 353584491aa5e0a26fadaef1300c6e16144a3cb1...cdc2a6.jpg]
[Image: 02001467d3caa7998757d314ee5b4817070e2a0f...dbfe21.jpg]
[Image: 163553468496efa374df010e1cdb991de2656b3d...5bf772.jpg]
Hey man.
I saw your couple of posts on Facebook. Smile

Anyway, I think you're overcomplicating your flow.
So instead to try and figure out what you did in your flow, it was faster for me to create my own flow, that should get you started, and I've tried making it as simple as I can.

Check out the results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnnIokaUBww
(the crews are interacting with animated character now)

I will attach screen of the flow, and Max 18 file.

Ask if something is unclear in the flow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.max   character_screws.max (Size: 8.78 MB / Downloads: 100)
Heart 
(02-17-2022, 11:38 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Hey man.
I saw your couple of posts on Facebook. Smile

Anyway, I think you're overcomplicating your flow.
So instead to try and figure out what you did in your flow, it was faster for me to create my own flow, that should get you started, and I've tried making it as simple as I can.

Check out the results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnnIokaUBww
(the crews are interacting with animated character now)

I will attach screen of the flow, and Max 18 file.

Ask if something is unclear in the flow.

big respect d4rk3lf
yes i was on chat with you on fb.
boss i will test your project file i wasted one day on my own trying to figure out why the floor objects not moving like the video as human moves.
Heart

i will update you further once i test it. big thanks.

question to the project.
1: how do i maybe add force so when his walking sidewards or running or what ever the particles should have force just like the video so the ground screws go flying out of the way?

Question non related
1: in future how do i check if particles are colliding with body,like indication it is being hit. i seen colors change once objected is selected in phsx collision is that it ? is this how you know its being hit

ok so your example is much clean less messy and simple dam.
i did complete opposite and wrong way and long way thank you
(02-18-2022, 02:21 AM)teamb Wrote: question to the project.
1: how do i maybe add force so when his walking sidewards or running or what ever the particles should have force just like the video so the ground screws go flying out of the way?

Question non related
1: in future how do i check if particles are colliding with body,like indication it is being hit. i seen colors change once objected is selected in phsx collision is that it ? is this how you know its being hit

1) If you mean "inheritance", so particles inherit the movement of the character, that is already applied through spawn operator. You can increase inheritance from 100 to larger number to make it even stronger (or reduce gravity on PhysX). 
Keep in mind that PhysX here skips some of the particles collisions, because character is moving pretty fast, but if you lower the time step in Tyflow icon, to 1/2, or 1/4 or more, the collision will be much more precise, but at the same way, much more "explosive", because of more collisions. 

2) If you want to change color on collision screws with body mesh, just add another event (with different display color), and connect it to the PhysX collision. In that second event also copy paste previous PhysX collision operator (because I assume you want them to continue colliding with the mesh). 
You can also turn on "inter particle collision", if you want to send them to new event after particles collides with each other.
then inheritance it is i will test it thank you so much for your time and detailed information sir.
Video 
(02-18-2022, 10:01 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 02:21 AM)teamb Wrote: question to the project.

Question non related

1) If you mean "inheritance", so particles inherit the movement of the character, that is already applied through spawn operator. You can increase inheritance from 100 to larger number to make it even stronger (or reduce gravity on PhysX). 
Keep in mind that PhysX here skips some of the particles collisions, because character is moving pretty fast, but if you lower the time step in Tyflow icon, to 1/2, or 1/4 or more, the collision will be much more precise, but at the same way, much more "explosive", because of more collisions. 

2) If you want to change color on collision screws with body mesh, just add another event (with different display color), and connect it to the PhysX collision. In that second event also copy paste previous PhysX collision operator (because I assume you want them to continue colliding with the mesh). 
You can also turn on "inter particle collision", if you want to send them to new event after particles collides with each other.

hi kindly watch this video. the frames steps i did not test yet but how come the nails arnt flying away as he moves off or moves into
Make sure that you turn on verlet in object bind operator.
Use inheritance parameter in Spawn operator to increase speed of particles from character motion.
(02-25-2022, 09:17 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Make sure that you turn on verlet in object bind operator.
Use inheritance parameter in Spawn operator to increase speed of particles from character motion.
can you kindly check and see whats wrong now.
1: i set verlet
2: [Image: zxrcepq.jpg]
Well, you've got to a point now where you must fine tweak it yourself.
I can't tell you magic numbers , and to work right away, you must tweak it to your likings.
I often spend hours tweaking, and making previews until I like something.

One option you can also try, and that will have huge influence is PhysX gravity (in Tyflow icon).
If you reduce it, I think automatically the inheritance will be stronger, and screws much lighter.
PhysX gravity (in Tyflow icon).

is it here
[Image: rl9EVpE.jpg]
Yes.
Try reducing it to, for example, -1cm.. and see if you like the results.