PhysiX Collision
Hi

We are having issues with PhysiX Collisions. The particles are falling through boxes. We are guessing it could be because of high speed and no traction between the frames.
Can anybody help?

Attached is the file.

GIPO

Attached Files
.max   TyFlow_GIPOREC_GIGA_SV_BB_2-Deck_ML.max (Size: 6.93 MB / Downloads: 94)
Yes.
Grab Tyflow icon, and there is a timestep option set to frame.
Decrease it (I set it to 1/12 in your project, and it's much more stable), and see how it goes.
You can try lower values then 1/12.

There is also 3 options under PhysX (also on Tyflow icon), that you can increase for better accuracy.
Thanks
It looks already much better. We needed to go up to 1/16 thogh.
Which 3 other options can we adjust for better accuracy?
        This one.
OK we have tried to adjust all of these operators. sadly there are still some particles which fly through.
we are aware of baking them, but then the file gets huge and its nearly impossible to work with.
It's a tricky problem, and there are several PhysX-related things which are contributing to the pass-through.

In this case, I would suggest creating some low-poly, hidden geometry which encapsulates the interior of your machine. Then use a Surface Test ('outside' test mode) to send any particles which leave the volume to a deletion event. That way, particles may still escape but they will never be visible because they will be instantly deleted.

As a side note, nice setup! I always like seeing tyFlow used to illustrate industrial tools.
OK that worked pretty well... we also added a Mass operator, which made it look more real.
The surrface test deletes all the pass-through particles..

And thanks, we will send you a video when its finished Wink