Random UVW on particles - possible or not?
Hi,

I'm trying to make some tiles with Tyflow, so is it possible to add a random UVW on each tile?

Thanks!  Big Grin
Sure, you can use a Mapping operator either on its own, or in conjunction with a Custom Properties operator, to generate and assign random UVW values to any particle.
(03-08-2022, 02:39 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Sure, you can use a Mapping operator either on its own, or in conjunction with a Custom Properties operator, to generate and assign random UVW values to any particle.

Thanks ...but could you please explain how to assign random UVW?
(If it's not too complicated... Blush )
Could you describe your usage case?
(03-08-2022, 04:19 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Could you describe your usage case?

I have an animated array of boxes, all boxes are the same mesh, and now I would like to add some grunge texture on every box, like a bump map, but I can't make it random... all boxes have the same texture position... so that's my problem...
Oh, well I'm glad I asked since that's a different problem that UVW overrides on particles cannot solve.

There's no easy way to randomize UVWs like that besides creating a few different box variations by hand, then scattering them at random using tyFlow afterwards.
(03-08-2022, 04:30 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Oh, well I'm glad I asked since that's a different problem that UVW overrides on particles cannot solve.

There's no easy way to randomize UVWs like that besides creating a few different box variations by hand, then scattering them at random using tyFlow afterwards.

Well, I thought so too, that's why I was very confused with your answer... but ok, now it's all clear, and thank you very much for your time! God bless you! Big Grin