question on Future of Tyflow
Hi Guys - and more or less Tyson himself... =)

I am wondering since I am getting worried about the future of 3D Max, if there are any Plans to adopt Tyflow to other Platforms - especially to Blender for instance.
The Beta forum of Max does not give an optimistic Picture and in the last years being int the Hands of Autodesk, Max increases in Userfriendlyness a lot. This is of course due the modern and highly functional features of other Programs like Cinema 4D, Blender and well - even Maya got way better since I stopped using it in 2012 where 3D Max was offering better features and procedural features which I couldn´t find in Maya I used over almost 15 Years and was being a massive timesaver.
In the Beta forum, there is a bad appearance and mood with a resigned feeling of Max's further development. Highly awaited features are declined and from the main release to Main release, you only get the Idea 3D Max would be "rebuild" and totally modernized in 50-100 Years. The easiest, all daily things that should be fixed so very badly are decades old and everything else compared to a top-notched, modern 3D Tool in 2022. Therefore (and of course Autodesk´s outrageous prices - for what?) the Usergroup on Blender is getting bigger and bigger, wouldn´t it be good to offer Tyflow on other Platforms as well?

(I already found it a bit like a poker game developed Tyflow so well over a long time period, that might leave a chance for a decision on Autodesk giving off Max as well. I know unlike Softimage, 3DMax is still a very big player and might not happen so soon, but we now, how things can change very quickly...) Lucky... Wink 

Why not voting for TyFlow for Blender!?   Cool
(03-14-2022, 09:47 AM)caypiranha Wrote: I live in constant uncertainty. Tyflow I love is the best thing that has happened to 3ds max for a long time. I am undecided because I see that 3ds max is abandoned and I feel like the other software do not stop updating and making new improvements 3ds max is stuck in 2006. Tyflow is incredible but it has a serious problem for the community to use it and that is 3dsmax and the little information in tutorials and courses that one can get from 3ds max and tyflow unlike Houdini where you can get all the necessary information and thousands of tutorials to learn it. I have been trying to solve a problem with tyflow for 3 weeks but the community is very small and in the end it is frustrating not being able to continue with the project and having to think about learning houdini. 3ds max should start looking to the future.
(03-14-2022, 11:19 AM)nonuel Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 09:47 AM)caypiranha Wrote: I live in constant uncertainty. Tyflow I love is the best thing that has happened to 3ds max for a long time. I am undecided because I see that 3ds max is abandoned and I feel like the other software do not stop updating and making new improvements 3ds max is stuck in 2006. Tyflow is incredible but it has a serious problem for the community to use it and that is 3dsmax and the little information in tutorials and courses that one can get from 3ds max and tyflow unlike Houdini where you can get all the necessary information and thousands of tutorials to learn it. I have been trying to solve a problem with tyflow for 3 weeks but the community is very small and in the end it is frustrating not being able to continue with the project and having to think about learning houdini. 3ds max should start looking to the future.

All that is very true. But I think Autodesk will mess it up. They´re milking the Cow until it willl fall dead over.

But trying to solve a problem about Tyflow shouldn´t be so hard, or? I found the Forum here quite useful and important.
Well, people have been saying Max is dying since before I started using it professionally, 17 years ago. Back then it was "Maya will kill Max", now it's "Blender/Houdini/whatever will kill Max". Fact is, besides Blender, Max is the most widely used DCC. It's just not always obvious because I think the largest chunk of users are people doing archviz. We here are doing FX where Max is not so popular (Maya/Houdini are more widely used as front-end DCCs in the VFX industry). But that doesn't mean Max is dying.

But all of that is not even relevant, because I could step outside tomorrow and be hit by a bus, and that would spell the end of tyFlow. At the end of the day, just use whatever tool is useful to you for completing a project at the moment, and try not to worry too much about which packages are going to survive or not in the future. If Blender is helping you complete tasks, great! If it's Max, also great! If it's Bryce3D, wonderful!