Alpha IFL .tga sequence
v1.004
Alpha channel from a still .tga (straight) works as expected in the tyBitmap but if I import as sequence (and IFL is created) the alpha stops working.
I prefer how the parameters settings is layed out in the tyBitmap compared to the vraybitmap or the original max one. 

/Tim
Interesting...I'll look into that. Might be a max limitation when using IFLs since tyBitmap changes very little code from the original Bitmap source.
It works in vraybitmap, but in turn vraybitmap gives very poor opacity preview in the viewport (where tyBitmap worked as expected)
Now a days I naturally choose the tyVersion of things where they are available  Big Grin
Tell me if you want the scene.

Have a nice weekend.
Hmm, tried testing this with a simple TGA sequence with alpha....alpha still comes through when converted to IFL.

Can you post your TGA sequence? Or send to support@tyflow.com if you don't want to post it publicly.
Made a new scene to reproduce what I mean, I think it is selfexplainatory.
Download here including images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dt95xg1l99nte...dQhca?dl=0

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.
Hmm, yea I guess I'm not understanding what the issue is.

I opened the file you uploaded in Max 2022. I placed a sphere behind the planes and added a VRay Light.

Here is the viewport preview and the render, with nothing else changed. Transparency on both seems to be coming through fine....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That is wierd (or what is happening on my rig is probably what is wierd)
I'll let you know if I realise what is happening locally.

attached render of exactly the same file I sent you. Sphere behind it and Vray light:

What version of Max are you using?

Could you try a different file format (tif/exr/png) and see if you get the same result?
Max 2022

Well, the opera singer seems to be an anomaly. Made a new test, see attached.
Only thing I can think of now is that the locally failing TGA sequence was exported with a different start frame nr than 0?
I have no idea what makes sense.

Hmm, yea that's very strange and especially tough to debug since I can't repro it here....

Seems like the alpha is coming through ok on non-TGA formats, on your machine though?
(04-06-2022, 02:17 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm, yea that's very strange and especially tough to debug since I can't repro it here....

Seems like the alpha is coming through ok on non-TGA formats, on your machine though

Yes and it works best with tyBitmap.
It is something with that specific TGA sequence from that specific After Effect export. So you should forget about this.
Ok, well if you manage to figure things out further let me know. At least you have a workaround!