rope connection to original object
Hi,
I'm trying to hang a sphere to another sphere. I'm making the lower sphere into a birth object and taking several particles (with material id) and spawn them upward to the other sphere. I make a parents/children connection and bind them to the other sphere but when I activate the timeline, the first sphere (the lower one) falls (gravity force) and the ropes don't hold it. They do stay connected to the upper sphere. what am I doing wrong?? thank you
Can you post your file?
Yes! I tried again and changes the sphere to torus and it is still not working. [attachment=2101][attachment=2101]

Attached Files
.max   Test_Sphere_01.max (Size: 844 KB / Downloads: 86)
Well, you bound the rope particles to each other, but haven't bound them to the torus. See attached.

Attached Files
.max   Test_Sphere_01_bound.max (Size: 816 KB / Downloads: 81)
(04-03-2022, 06:27 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Well, you bound the rope particles to each other, but haven't bound them to the torus. See attached.

OK. Thank you.
I thought that because they spawn from an object, than the base particles -  the parents' particles -  'belong' to the torus, and the connection is automatically there. That, as well as the bindings to their children, meant I didn't need to add another particle binding...