age/lifespan
hi,
I want to get the ration of paticle-age/particle-life-span.
but I cannot find that in tyFlow particles and Cutom float and C# script APIs.
It's very basically, and use for particle opacity, speed, scale , ... at very offten.

customFlowt(age) and bake value into mapping uvw, this technique is not completely fit age/life if using Delete "variation".

"There is no lifespan option within tyFlow..."
https://forum.tyflow.com/thread-659.html...me%20event).
i feel that, very many user want to lifespan value.

please let me know if you can, how to get the value as age/lifespan.

thanks
Particles in tyFlow do not have a set lifespan, but you can arbitrarily delete them whenever you want. You can give them a lifespan if you want….for example, assign a max frame value to a custom float channel and delete them once their age surpasses that value, but there’s no default lifespan property.
(04-12-2022, 01:00 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Particles in tyFlow do not have a set lifespan, but you can arbitrarily delete them whenever you want. You can give them a lifespan if you want….for example, assign a max frame value to a custom float channel and delete them once their age surpasses that value, but there’s no default lifespan property.

thanks, 
i can get age/lifespan value by customFloat and C# script.
i will attouch sample scene .max file.

in the sample, the particles birth and the material changing red into blue by "agelife" custom float.

Ii have request if you can,"value-to-value" function.
Thinking-particels and houdini has such function. it brings value-to-value exchange with function-curve graph.

Attached Files
.max   tyFlow_pAge.pLife_v003.011.max (Size: 1,000 KB / Downloads: 166)