Actor is not gettying the MatIDs right (115k particles)
Hello guys! I am getting an issue in a flow I designed.
The thing is that I have another 99% similar system that works properly but in this another one, not.
Ive tried a lot of different things and I am getting the same error. I fixed cheating tyflow.. let me tell what is happening and what I did.. maybe somebody have a better idea or maybe it is a real bug.

The System is based on an emitter that should take an animated geometry (I am using actor) and place into an animated shape.
Think In a led wall where the leds are credit cards. This wall have a wave and an animated displacement map.

So the particles are generated over the animated mesh and get the surface map. The final output is a kind of Pixel Art animation done with cards.
Given this, in some parts of the timeline I have another animated meshes that works as triggers that will change the material ID of the cards.

in some cases the card can be red.. then blue.. and so on.

The first system with ~30.000 particls works percfectly, but the another...

the another one have 115.000 particles. I tried a loooot of things.
If I replaced the actor for a regular shape (even a card instance) the materials ID works with the materials properly but using the actor the ids are not doing what I expected.

The flow follows the exactly the same workflow from the other but on this one with a huge amount of particles, not.

to "fix" this I am deleting the particles in a specific frame and I birth another based in a shape. So I have the animation for the begining and then the material ID animation for the end.

Somebody have another idea?

As you can see, the flow 01 is more "complex", but have less particles
The flow 2 have less steps but much more particles.

I am going to try just reducing the total about and see what happens. But the thing is before it was already working.. I just changed some triggers shapes and added much more particles. With 3d shape the ids are working but with Actor...not properly. (and before I was using actor and it was working)

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-27-2022, 02:14 PM)Rodszera Wrote: Hello guys! I am getting an issue in a flow I designed.
The thing is that I have another 99% similar system that works properly but in this another one, not.
Ive tried a lot of different things and I am getting the same error. I fixed cheating tyflow.. let me tell what is happening and what I did.. maybe somebody have a better idea or maybe it is a real bug.

The System is based on an emitter that should take an animated geometry (I am using actor) and place into an animated shape.
Think In a led wall where the leds are credit cards. This wall have a wave and an animated displacement map.

So the particles are generated over the animated mesh and get the surface map. The final output is a kind of Pixel Art animation done with cards.
Given this, in some parts of the timeline I have another animated meshes that works as triggers that will change the material ID of the cards.

in some cases the card can be red.. then blue.. and so on.

The first system with ~30.000 particls works percfectly, but the another...

the another one have 115.000 particles. I tried a loooot of things.
If I replaced the actor for a regular shape (even a card instance) the materials ID works with the materials properly but using the actor the ids are not doing what I expected.

The flow follows the exactly the same workflow from the other but on this one with a huge amount of particles, not.

to "fix" this I am deleting the particles in a specific frame and I birth another based in a shape. So I have the animation for the begining and then the material ID animation for the end.

Somebody have another idea?

As you can see, the flow 01 is more "complex", but have less particles
The flow 2 have less steps but much more particles.

I am going to try just reducing the total about and see what happens. But the thing is before it was already working.. I just changed some triggers shapes and added much more particles. With 3d shape the ids are working but with Actor...not properly. (and before I was using actor and it was working)

Thanks in advance!

---------

PS: Ive tried to downsize the plane and also the particles for less than 1000... and I got the same problem. It is working IDs with in shape and not with actor what Is odd because it was working before (see the video and now the new downsized prints)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.mp4   PIXEL_CENA_0405.mp4 (Size: 5.38 MB / Downloads: 71)