collision of fabrics between them
I am trying to make a soft body of coins so that they fold and everything works well with the fabric, unless they cross and do not collide with each other. Any solution? Thank you very much, congratulations to Tyflow
TYF cloth creates particles on each vertex of the object bound to the neighbors by cloth constraints. Only the particles can collide to objects and each other. increase polycount (for ins. by Subdivide) to get more particles so more of the surface collides.
I'm having issues with the particle collision size in cloth bindings. I need the mesh to be high-res so the cloth looks good, but if I specify a collision radius of anything other than a very tiny value the particles are deemed to have collided from the start of a sim and are pushed apart. Lowering the mesh resolution allows me to use larger particle collision radii but then I have low-res geometry
(04-11-2019, 12:46 PM)Fraine7 Wrote: I'm having issues with the particle collision size in cloth bindings. I need the mesh to be high-res so the cloth looks good, but if I specify a collision radius of anything other than a very tiny value the particles are deemed to have collided from the start of a sim and are pushed apart. Lowering the mesh resolution allows me to use larger particle collision radii but then I have low-res geometry

Received a great answer to this in the Facebook group. Particle collisions for cloth bindings work best when they are evenly spaced. This might mean meshes for cloth sims need to be reworked or rebuilt, garment maker does a great job of generating even topology for making new meshes and dynamesh in zbrush is very useful for retopology of existing models/meshes
(04-12-2019, 10:57 AM)Fraine7 Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 12:46 PM)Fraine7 Wrote: I'm having issues with the particle collision size in cloth bindings. I need the mesh to be high-res so the cloth looks good, but if I specify a collision radius of anything other than a very tiny value the particles are deemed to have collided from the start of a sim and are pushed apart. Lowering the mesh resolution allows me to use larger particle collision radii but then I have low-res geometry

Received a great answer to this in the Facebook group. Particle collisions for cloth bindings work best when they are evenly spaced. This might mean meshes for cloth sims need to be reworked or rebuilt, garment maker does a great job of generating even topology for making new meshes and dynamesh in zbrush is very useful for retopology of existing models/meshes

Use Subdivide, the max modifier or the tyflow node.
Subdivide doesn’t distribute the vertices evenly. My original mesh wasn’t lacking resolution it just needed the verts to be evenly spaced so the bindings were consistent
There is actually a handy checkbox named "draw collision shapes" in the particle physx op. 
Very neat to finetune the collision radius.