tyCache crash issue
Hi guys,
I have a problem with tyCache causing random crashes, when I scrub through. I want to add a tysmooth or turbosmooth to the tyCache, which works, but here's some of the odd things that have been happening.  Sometimes during render, the renderer will just stop. Everytime I thought I solved the issue, I put it on overnight and in the morning its just stopped at a random frame. Another issue, is that sometimes elements of the flow don't render for just 1 frame, the only way I could find to fix that was to generate the tyCache again. I've gone through the tyParticleviewer to see if any data looks corrupt, but can't see anything obvious. 

The flow has two custom properties channels for changing particle colours, so I ticked CustFloat and Physx in the tyCache export.  The crash never happens when working with the raw flow, only when I work with the tyCache, and especially when I add a tySmooth or Turbosmooth to the cache. 

Max 2021- tyflow Pro 1.05

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.max   blownUpPlanet2.max (Size: 2.37 MB / Downloads: 91)
Hmm...is the rendering stopping due to your RAM filling up? I haven't checked to see how big the cache is but you could try disabling RAM caching in the tyCache object.

Also, Turbosmooth can be buggy when underlying topology changes. This is an old issue that hasn't been fixed by the Max devs for many years, and I don't necessarily blame them since it's hard to reproduce, but when it does happen it can generate all kinds of corrupt geo. Try replacing it with Meshsmooth instead, which is more reliable.

If you get a hard crash, please send me the minidump. Instructions are in the sticky post.
(05-31-2022, 04:35 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Hmm...is the rendering stopping due to your RAM filling up? I haven't checked to see how big the cache is but you could try disabling RAM caching in the tyCache object.

Also, Turbosmooth can be buggy when underlying topology changes. This is an old issue that hasn't been fixed by the Max devs for many years, and I don't necessarily blame them since it's hard to reproduce, but when it does happen it can generate all kinds of corrupt geo. Try replacing it with Meshsmooth instead, which is more reliable.

If you get a hard crash, please send me the minidump. Instructions are in the sticky post.

Hey Tyson, thanks for the speedy reply. The tyCache folder is 167MB and I have 64GB RAM but I will do as you suggest and I've had way heavier scenes that never miss a beat. I did think Turbosmooth was the problem for a while, but I've had it crash without it, and so I switched to TySmooth, but will try Meshsmooth.  Got it on the minidump.