Change an object's material on collision
Hi!

I'm wondering, is it possible to set up a custom variable inside the tyFlow that gets changed as the particle collides with an object and at the same time having this particle accessible from within 3dsmax Track View (Curve Editor)?

The problem I'm trying to solve is that I have particles bouncing around in a closed box and every time any of the particles hit a column inside the box, that column needs to change color to white for just a frame or two (imagine a bulb turns on every time it gets hit).

So my idea, as written above, is to set up some variable in the tyFlow and every time there's a collision of a particle with the object (done by PhysX Collision), the variable would change into 1 and then 2 frames later would go back to 0. And then there's a VRay Blend material assigned to the column with a mix value between the "turned off" and "turned on" materials and this mix value is then wired to the custom variable set up by tyFlow, switching from 0 to 1. Actually, it would switch from 0 to 100, but that's beside the point.

Is such a thing even possible?

Thanks a lot for any solutions or pointers!