Workflow for meshing object for 3D-printing
I had earlier a project, where I used particle system for creating a closed entity of complex hollow geometry. I don't have access to those tools anymore so I was thinking if it's possible to do the same with tyFlow.

So I'm looking a way for covering an object with particles from outside and then meshing the particles into one closed entity. What would be the workflow for that. Kind of shrink-wrap object from outside to make the object topology into one solid mesh. It will be 3D-printed as a miniature display model.
You can use tyFlow's VDB tools to create water-tight, single meshes of input geometry that is composed of multiple overlapping/intersecting parts.

You can do it within a tyFlow object using the VDB operators, or using a tyMesher. For a quick example of how to use a tyMesher:

1) Create a teapot.
2) Add a 'cap holes' modifier to the teapot (meshes can have multiple overlapping elements, but all elements must be closed)
3) Create a tyMesher.
4) Add the teapot to the tyMesher.
5) In the tyMesher settings, choose 'direct conversion to SDF'
6) Adjust voxel size to the required level of detail
Thanks,

The teapot part worked. I was able to export the file to 3D Manufacturing Format.

Now I'll start with the project geometry. The scene consists of thousands of objects. Do You recommend collapsing those with booleans to smaller amount or just add them all into tyMesher at once?

I tested with 1 of 8 013 mesh objects in scene. Max crashed with out of memory message when extracting mesh. I have only 96 GB of RAM. I wonder what would be sufficient.
Hard to say without knowing what kind of objects you're meshing. If it's 8000 spaceships, then yea you might be out of luck with out an incredibly amount of RAM. If it's 8000 cubes, then it sounds like a different issue.
I got some supplementing geometry to my model. There's now 23 295 mesh objects in the scene. When I got everything, I will collapse the model into one object and then try this workflow again. 

However the 3D-printing service provider was satisfied with the .3mf file, I generated by using one mesh object.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have been playing with the tySelect modifier to select the outward pointing faces. However, it looks like the gizmo is inside the model and that's why the selection is unusable. I didn't fin a way to move the gizmo outside of the geometry.