Hello

I'm having a problem with tyflow freezing max

Here what i did so far:

1. created a sphere
2. created a tyflow operator, opened editor
3. created Birth VDB
4. Added Object to SDF
5. select pick object
6. when i click on the sphere, max freezes and i have to use task manager to shut it down and restart
I also tried to selct the sphere and click on "Add selected", which results in the same result

I did check the tyflow.log file, but it is empty, so no idea why my max is freezeing

Using windows 11 with 3ds Max 2023.1 (25.0 - 25.1.0.2342) with the latest tyflow version (1.009) and vray 6 Hotfix 2 (6.00.08)

i did notice a very high memory usage (64GB installed) - see attached screenshot

Anyone has an idea how i can get this fixed?
That's odd...is your sphere incredibly huge or something?

Are you able to successfully load and playback the official VDB example files (available on the tyFlow download page)?
(08-19-2022, 05:18 PM)tyFlow Wrote: That's odd...is your sphere incredibly huge or something?

Are you able to successfully load and playback the official VDB example files (available on the tyFlow download page)?

the sphere has only 9800 polys / 4902 verts and yes i was able to run tyFlow_vdbSpherePack_001.max without any problems

But I think i found the problem.

Inside the sphere is a watch model, which i did a last year

i created a completelly new file, created the sphere and tyfl;ow and now it works like a charm

So I guess, something inside the "old" file gave tyflow a hard time. Still no idea what it is, but at least i found a solution