Return to relative position on an animated mesh
First of all, thanks for this communities help with my previous two questions. I have been working through a complex simulation with very little experience with TyFlow and the things that I have learned already through this process have been great! Couldn't have done it without you all.

I have an animated character that is using a skin modifier for deformation. I want to (during a walk cycle) have this character break into particles which expand and move around a bit and then come back to the exact position/rotation on the mesh. I have everything working using the SET Custom properties and Find Target operators but the obvious problem I'm having is that the particles are returning to the position/rotation that was set at a previous frame when the mesh was in a different position. How do I make that SET position relative to the mesh so that they will return to a position on a moving surface?

I'm attaching a screen grab of my flow and an animation of the mesh that I am using to generate particles. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.mp4   3 angles.mp4 (Size: 8.36 MB / Downloads: 78)
For that you'd want to use the Position Transfer operator (there is an official example file showing how to use it). It has an interpolation option for smoothly interpolating to the target location from a previous state.
(08-22-2022, 07:44 PM)tyFlow Wrote: For that you'd want to use the Position Transfer operator (there is an official example file showing how to use it). It has an interpolation option for smoothly interpolating to the target location from a previous state.

Okay, perfect. Checking that out now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!