Pinata
Video 
Hi Guys,
I just bought the pro version. Such a nice plugin.
I want to create a pinata logo letter, the logo should rotate a few times and then explode. I have been trying to achieve the pinata effect.
It's literally small pieces of kind of semi-stiff paper that is covering the logo, coloured in a rainbow way from top to bottom.

look at the beginning of this video Pinata K to see what effect I want to achieve.

Would the following work?
create/birth particles on the logo with birth voxel set to surface
create a shape 
attach them to the surface with the object bind
turn them into cloth

or is it better to "model" the paper pieces on the logo 
and then turn them in to a cloth

[Image: view?usp=sharing]    
Anyone?
(08-29-2022, 09:52 PM)TorbjonBernhardsson Wrote: Would the following work?
create/birth particles on the logo with birth voxel set to surface....

....or is it better to "model" the paper pieces on the logo 

Well, the way I see it, both methods have pros, and cons. 

It's not really an еffecs, you can explain in few sentences... mainly because of these cloth motion of each paper. 

If you're not very familiar with Tyflow, I?d sugest first making a nice model of it. 
Make sure each of your paper is at least separated element (so you can detach them in Tyflow with Element detach), and make sure they at least have something like 5x5 segments, so cloth bind will have something to work with. Also, try making each paper not touching the other one. 
(you can of course do it with Tyflow, but just model it, if it's easier for you (for now)) 

So, something like.. you create all these papers, you create logo text beneath it.
Animate rotation of the logo,
Then Tyflow (for the paper) would look something like this: 
- Birth object (papers) 
- Detach to elements 
- Cloth Bind (turn them into cloth (now each vertex is a particle) 
- slow (always good with cloth) 
- surface test (pick your animated logo), and set the distance so it grabs only the upper vertices of your papers to your animated logo 
----------now connect surface test with the next event 
Object bind (again, pick your animated logo (set to surface bind)... and this will bind particles... 

Then on the first event add some age test when you want them to explode, and transfer them in new event, where you can explode them with forces. 

Sorry if this sounds confusing, but as I said, it's not really easy to explain in few sentences that particular effects. 
And I might forgot something... don't have time to try it myself now.
First of all, thank you very much for your response d4rk3lf. really appreciate it.
This gives me some guidance on what is possible.

I think I'll go with modelling the paper pieces and then make your flow recommendation which sounds understandable.
Ill might ask again when I get closer to the above.

thanks again