TySplines UV Issue
Hi, 
When I enable the weld bindings on a Tysplines something going wrong.
It seems that one subsplines has different UV coordinates.

I'm using a regular 3dsmax circle as shape.

Am I doing something wrong ? How can i fix this ?

The only thing related that i found online\ in the forum is about an old fix related to TyFlow 0.16023:

fixed an issue where enabling "weld bindings" in a tySplines object could scramble the direction of UV coordinates on each subspline.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can't have linear UVWs on a closed spline and also not have those artifacts....so it's not a bug, it's expected behavior. The reason it's happening is because the start coordinate along the spline at the first knot is 0...second is 1, third is 2, etc....so when you get to the end of the spline, the coordinate is some large number (ex: 10)...but that has to connect back to the first coordinate in order to close the loop... so that bridge of polygons is spanning the entire range of coordinates back to the edge of the first polygon.

Select the spline and add a UVWUnwrap modifier and you'll see why it's happening.

If you want to avoid those artifacts, you'll have to apply your own projected UVWs to spline afterwards (ex: using a UVW Map modifier).
Hi,
I was not saying it is a bug.
I'm Just asking to understand if I'm doing something wrong and in case to learn to do it the right way. The default max spline does not have this problem so i was thinking i'm doing it in the wrong way.
I will try what you said and find a way to map all those circles afterward.

Thanks for the clear explanation.
Max splines do it a little differently...instead of having the final bridge of polygons span the values leading back to the first, they instead just have a hard break of values where there's no connection back to the first value. If you apply a texmap you can see there's a seam in the UVWs where the loop occurs (see attached).

While neither solution allows for a clean loop (because that's not possible), I agree that Max's mode looks nicer overall. I'll look into implementing that in my own mesher.

Ok, the next build will have the UVW seam instead of the UVW compression (the same behavior as Max's default spline mesher). Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention Smile
No...Thanks to you for being so quick and clear in the explanations \ Implementation . For me is Incredible!!  Big Grin

I'm also happy that I was doing correct,
I'm really new to tyflow and I do things the wrong way almost always that's why i ask stupid\noob questions.
I'm learning a lot of things every day thanks to this forum and your plugin. Great work!!
Thanks Tyson this is great!!! Super Super Fast.