PhysX collision interaction from different events - Possible?
In the image “fence-tyflow” this works perfectly how I would like, there are 2 physX sims, 1 for the fence and 1 for the collision cubes hitting it. This works great.

I tried taking it to another level with a 3 layered wall with different fractures on each layer. Only this time when shoot collision cubes at the wall they just pass through it.

With the fence I bound it to some cylinders either side to hold it up, but with the wall I am trying to only activate dynamics in the areas where the cubes hit into it,  A bit like using a surface test and a an animated collision object.

Is this possible to do? I tried using particle groups but had no luck. Not too sure what I’m doing now.

Thanks in Advance! any help advice appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You basically answered your question.
Why not simply use "surface test", and make particles dynamic after they pass that test, and before that kinematic?
I use it all the time for this stuff.
(09-19-2022, 10:23 AM)d4rk3lf Wrote: You basically answered your question.
Why not simply use "surface test", and make particles dynamic after they pass that test, and before that kinematic?
I use it all the time for this stuff.

How do I use a Surface Test of another event in the same Tyflow? Would you be able to show me please? I have attached a file.

Thanks!

Attached Files
.max   wall-test.max (Size: 824 KB / Downloads: 75)
Ahh sorry.. I misunderstood. you...
One way to do it is using a Phys Xollision operator and checking "inter particle collisions)
I did that, and I switched physX switch to kinematic so it can test it in that second event all the time (with disabled physX it wozldn't test it) .
Then you just tranfver it into next event where you will just have PhysX switch activate (you don't need new PhysX shape here (because it transfer from previous)

The only slight problem now, is when PhysX Collision being triggered,  the particles are all triggering (because they are touching eachother (and we don't have "ignore this event" option in PhysX Collision.
You can solve this by using groups...

Hope it helps:

Attached Files
.max   wall-test_02.max (Size: 880 KB / Downloads: 84)
(09-19-2022, 02:09 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Ahh sorry.. I misunderstood. you...
One way to do it is using a Phys Xollision operator and checking "inter particle collisions)
I did that, and I switched physX switch to kinematic so it can test it in that second event all the time (with disabled physX it wozldn't test it) .
Then you just tranfver it into next event where you will just have PhysX switch activate (you don't need new PhysX shape here (because it transfer from previous)

The only slight problem now, is when PhysX Collision being triggered,  the particles are all triggering (because they are touching eachother (and we don't have "ignore this event" option in PhysX Collision.
You can solve this by using groups...

Hope it helps:

Yeah i see what you're saying, thank you for the file. would be cool if some features were added to make this workflow happen. would be great for fully dynamic destruction.
Well, I am sure it's already possible, I just didn't explored it yet too much (simply because I usually use PhysX bind in this situations, and therefore it's not moving anyway, before it being hit)
For example, i am pretty sure it's possible to test group of particles with property test, a distance (neighbor) with other group of particles, and just send them to activate/deactivate.