kintsugi Vases R&D
Hi, i'm trying to recreate the Kitsugi vases like in the attached image.
The idea is to start with birth object than fracture it and than create the gold inside the fracture maybe with vdb ?

At the momemt I have no idea how to create particle only inside the hole created by the fracture and i'm searching for the right operators.

Any suggestion on how to do this or Just to point me in the right direction ?

Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm sure there are numerous ways to achieve that. I'm no expert, but edges can have different material ID (override cap material ID setting). You can choose that ID to birth new particles and just apply TyMesher. Use one instance of tyflow to generate the fractured geo - add mesh operator and check off "render only", and second tyflow instance to load that geo as postition object. Voila.

**edit** I went ahead and created this for you. Check attachment. I don't know how to get the result in one flow though Smile

Attached Files
.max   kintsugi.max (Size: 636 KB / Downloads: 145)
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your help and time.
It is exactly what i was trying to do, I was blocked cause i did not know how to birth particles in the right place not even thinking about using two Tyflow.
I will play a bit with this and post some result asap.
Thanks Again!!
Here is a quick render.
Need to tweak and understand how to control some values but it is exatcly what I was trying to achive.

Great help!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)