Suction hole
I'm looking for the best practice for flying particle suction. I think in pFlow, there was a script for suction hole. I'm trying to take particles from air and send the through a pipe.
Inverse spherical wind plus path follow?

Maybe of you can share a screen, it would be easier to help.
Thanks,

Here's the screenshot of the system. I didn't include the internal parts of that horizontal drum, because they are irrelevant. I have used some planar wind forces here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So far the Path Follow operator has been best solution. It took some iteration rounds to set up the timing when the path starts to attract the particle stream.

On thing, I might want to improve is, that the stream is a bit narrow around path. How to make a bit more offset variation?

Then another. I keep getting bluescreens due to running out of memory when exporting the system as tycache. Any ideas for reducing memory usage?
(11-28-2022, 01:11 PM)JuhaHo Wrote: On thing, I might want to improve is, that the stream is a bit narrow around path. How to make a bit more offset variation?

Try adding spread operator bellow Path Follow. 

Quote:Then another. I keep getting bluescreens due to running out of memory when exporting the system as tycache. Any ideas for reducing memory usage?
Maybe export 2 Tycaches? 
Make particle count twice lower, cache it, change a seed, cache it again. 

Not sure if it will work for your scene, but sometimes you can cache something like 1/10% of the particles. 
Import cache into a new Tyflow with Birth Flow, and Flow Update operators. 
Then bellow it, add a spawn operator (spawn once (by default), but 10-15 particles). 
And finally, spread operator to spread them out randomly.
Returning to this project.

So, wonder what would be the best method for sending particles into pipe and let them follow it. So first I need "suction hole" effect to attract the particles into the pipe and then have them following it. I have started with Path Follow operator, but I'm not quite there yet as I don't understand all the parameters by intuition.
I mean, how can I distribute the particles more evenly to the pipe cross-section area.

Maybe a geosphere and force object.
Then use same geosphere as surface test, so when particles test true for volume inside they get sent to path follow event?
Here's another try. I see some improvement here. I think the attraction is too powerful. Is it the falloff parameter, I should start doing iterations.