I want to obtain Position Reference information.
Let's say I have a scene in TYFlow where a large number of objects are falling.

I could get the WorldPotion in RenderElement, but could not get the Position Reference and Cryptomatte correctly.
The teapot in the foreground of the screenshot is not a TY, but a standalone OBJ.
This was obtained correctly.

Is there any way to get Cryptomatte and Position Reference correctly in TY?

I would like to retrieve the information at the following link.

https://erwanleroy.com/create-position-r...-for-maya/

Sends a scene with render elements set.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.max   Fition_test_sc.max (Size: 1.06 MB / Downloads: 97)
tyFlow doesn't do any cryptomatte calcs...it would be up to your renderer to extract that information from the instances. If you're rendering as meshes, it won't be possible at all because no individual-particle position information can be extracted from a collapsed mesh.
So it is up to the renderer.
Thank you very much.

I was able to do this because it was possible to get both by writing out the objects, but is the only way to do it still to write them out as OBJ sequential numbers?
You can also use the Export Particles operator to export to objects. Have you tried that?
(12-06-2022, 02:43 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You can also use the Export Particles operator to export to objects. Have you tried that?

I could not get the words right.
I was able to extract the above two channels using Export Particles.  I had written that in the previous minute, but I'm sorry for the lack of words.

Is there any other way to retrieve them other than exporting them?
I think the cryptomat can be solved by using a multimat, I'm a bit stumped as there is no substitute for the Position Reference path.
But I can solve the problem by writing it out.

Thank you very much.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I'm not sure if Cryptomatte works on particle instances...I know a while ago it did not, and I'm not sure if Chaos have changed/fixed that.

You'd have to contact Chaos and ask them the proper workflow for using Cryptomatte with particles. tyFlow already exports all the necessary data...it's just up to VRay to interpret it into its render element passes.