Arnold VDB Volume support
I use phoenix to simulate smoke, but i use Redshift to render my scenes. I export all my data as VDB, but as you've said in a previous thread, phoenix fd's SDK doesn't allow the return of data. https://forum.tyflow.com/thread-2535.html?highlight=aur

meaning I have to export 2 sims, 1 as VDB for render and 1 as .aur files for tyflow to use the data.

would it be possible to support the built in arnold volume so tyflow can read it's data? saving an extra sim. I feel lots of people who aren't using v-ray as their primary render engine would get use out of this.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's not a matter of tyFlow supporting the Arnold volume - it's the other way around. Arnold would have to release an SDK exposing their volume object's data. As far as I know, such an SDK does not exist.

A better solution would just be a tyVolume object that you can use to import VDB that's renderer agnostic. At some point I may get around to it...it's just I have a million other things on the todo in the way Smile
(12-15-2022, 08:13 PM)tyFlow Wrote: It's not a matter of tyFlow supporting the Arnold volume - it's the other way around. Arnold would have to release an SDK exposing their volume object's data. As far as I know, such an SDK does not exist.

A better solution would just be a tyVolume object that you can use to import VDB that's renderer agnostic. At some point I may get around to it...it's just I have a million other things on the todo in the way Smile

I completely understand. A tyVolume would be awesome!! Thanks for the speedy response.