shape operator - edit parameter on multiple objects
Lets say I am scattering 100 different droplets shapes on a glass, at the moment I need to change size on 1 object at the time, but It will be great to be able to select multiple objects change setting for the selected objects.
+1 on that.

overall scaling on a bunch of shape instances might be useful in some cases.
(04-12-2019, 01:58 PM)burakumincgi Wrote: Lets say I am scattering 100 different droplets shapes on a glass, at the moment I need to change size on 1 object at the time, but It will be great to be able to select multiple objects change setting for the selected objects.

you could do instancing,or wire the parameters (use "for loop" script to get them all wired)

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-a...-p/5788342

change one of them which will change the others..
You're using 100 different entries in the shape operator?

Why not just use a scale operator to do the work instead of manually setting each one? I'm confused...
I was doing a grain Sim (the one with the caching problems I still need to strip down for support), where I added a shape op just for rendering and I was just trying to figure out if maybe the scaling I did after the shape op was messing with my Sim. Maybe you could quickly verify if anything but voxel size controls the scale of grain particles in the sim? 

If I just wanna scale all of my shapes equally, sure, I can use a scale op. It's just a bunch more clicks, so a check box to apply the scaling in the shape op on all shapes would be neat. 
There are also cases, where I have a lot of different shapes and I just wanna scale a bunch of them and leave the others, so I can't use scale op. 
Right now I can't shift or ctrl select multiple shapes in the shape op, so that might still be useful in some cases.
The voxel size does indeed control particle scaling, prior to any scaling overrides you add with a shape or scale operator.

You can see the exact scale of voxel particles by turning "sprite" display mode on. It scales a 1.0x1.0 sized quad to however big your particles are.
Hm, ok, but so that means shape or scale overrides after the voxelisation and particle bind or particle ohysics DOESN'T affect the simulation down the flow... Because I was wondering if that had messed with my flows cache, since the display sprites looked much smaller after adding shape and scale ops. 

Just bear with me for a second, not sure I have my logic right...  
1. Let's say I set my particles to 0.1cm
2. I have the particle bind and particle physics op after that in my flow, adjust my settings accordingly, until I get the results I want. 
The display sprites show 0.1cm sprites. 
3. Now I add a shape op after that, pick some meshes and scale them down, so they look roughly as big as the 0.1cm sprites looked like. I possibly add a scale op after the shape op, if I have a lot of different meshes picked and wanna globally scale them. 
4. If I set display back to sprites, they now are smaller. 
5. But since the flow is evaluated from top to down, the particle bind and physics op shouldn't be affected by the shape and scale ops, only the final look of the particles will, right? 

I still have to finish testing the scene I wanted to send you, it now seems like it wasn't a problem with the export, now that I stripped down the scene, it also looks in the ram cache, like some frames of the Sim are not swimming right.
Possibly it's just because I made the birth voxels smaller, but didn't adjust the particle bind/physics settings. Since I used the same sized shape ops, I didn't think I had to adjust these...
It can affect simulation down the flow, it all depends on what your Particle Physics collision radius value is set to. If you have it set to absolute, particle scaling won't be considered. If you have it set to scale radius, any changes to particle scale will affect the sim.

If you want particle physics collisions to conform to your meshes (whose size may be independent of scale), set the collision to shape radius instead.
Right. Dang. That does make sense..  I'll check out if that fixes my issues... Smile thanks for clarifying!
(04-12-2019, 10:39 PM)tyFlow Wrote: You're using 100 different entries in the shape operator?

Why not just use a scale operator to do the work instead of manually setting each one? I'm confused...

I'm using almost 500 different shapes to be honest, on a 10K print of can with about 200000 droplets, 500 shapes are the bare minimum to remove repetition.

the way I do is that I have about 40/50 droplets in each category, round, flat, messy, irregular, and I would like to assign different frequency to each category, at the moment I have to do it 1 by one, but in forest pack for instance you can shift select a few objects and edit their property all at once. I know that there are more important things to do at the moment but it would be a nice feature to add in the future.

and btw, the load time to add them all is insanely fast, lest than a couple of seconds, not even frost can handle that many shape so easily.