Getting Data from another tyFlow object
Hi! I'm trying to replicate a setup I had on pFlow using script operators. I wanted to know if I could get particle data from another tyFlow object, in a way I could call that data from the birth ID of that flow. Basically I want to use the second flow to define the TM and shapes as targets for the first one, the first flow by an event should get that info using the birth ID as reference. If the number of particles on the target one is less than the main I could loop through the data with a modulo, else it will just get the IDs it can.

Pardon my english, I hope that makes sense Tongue . Thanks
Yes you can save data to custom property (float, vector, TM) channels, and load data from those channels as well. And also transfer that data between flows.

I'd suggest combing through the official sample files to see the many uses of custom properties throughout...it's a flexible system with many, many different uses.
(12-29-2022, 01:53 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Yes you can save data to custom property (float, vector, TM) channels, and load data from those channels as well. And also transfer that data between flows.

I'd suggest combing through the official sample files to see the many uses of custom properties throughout...it's a flexible system with many, many different uses.
Thanks! I learned a lot from them but I think we can't change the mesh associated with each particle using particle target. So I created a flow that takes a "snapshot" from the original at certain time so It can go from there with the new mesh shapes that can "reconform" in the way I wanted. Sadly I couldn't make it work perfectly, I thought I got it but If I change the target feature that prevents duplicate assignments it breaks. Maybe you can take a look at it, it was a nice surprise that I could make it this far with only the ui operators, in Pflow a lot was done with scripts.

Attached Files
.max   test2.max (Size: 632 KB / Downloads: 66)