Terrain modifier crash in v1.012
Hi Tyson,

I get a crash as soon as I add the Terrain FX modifier. 3ds Max stops responding for a short while, and then it does a fast exit of the whole program. No crash window or anything.

The tyFlow log file is completely empty, unfortunately.

This is in Max 2021 and Max 2022. I tested both the Pro and Free version of tyFlow. Windows 10 Pro, i7-6700 @ 3,4GHz, 2x GTX 1070
Thanks, yea I've gotten a few of these reports and am working on a fix...this particular bug seems to be isolated to CPU mode (tyflow FREE).
FWIW, I get the crash in the Pro version as well.

Ah, seems like I don't have CUDA on my machine. My bad, it's CPU on my machine as well Smile
Do you have the CUDA DLLs installed? If you have the PRO version installed but don't have CUDA setup, it'll crash then too.
I jumped on the Pro version today (a bit late to be honest, been using tyFlow for some time now!), so I didn't catch the differences in installation.

Got CUDA up and running now, and no crashes anymore. I was wondering why the GPU version had no speedup, hehe!

Rune
Good to know it's working with CUDA! Each data point helps me track down the root cause...