Latest build: Terrain Color very very slow
I've been playing around with the latest build of Tyflow, the free one, and have noticed that it seems like Terrain Color hangs and never completes (or takes forever) after a while of adjusting settings. I can see my resources using 2.5% of my cpu and 8 GB of ram after its been working on it for a while but it never releases max to use, or just freezes up. Usually this happens when i'm at the default 1024 resolution and then try to go up to 2048. If I restart (or end process) Max and immediately turn on the Tyflow, or let it build at the higher resolution, it finishes calculating in a reasonable time, about 10 or 30 seconds. So what I've kinda ended up doing is Disabling my Tyflow, turning up the resolution, restarting Max, and then turning the Tyflow object back on.
I'm on 3ds Max 2023, Vray 6, and Tyflow Free v1.021. 96 GB of RAM and AMD Ryzen THreadripper 3960
Hmm, that's very, very strange. Never experienced that myself and haven't had anyone else report it....

I did 99% of my internal testing using the CUDA acceleration, so maybe it's a bug I never ran into because I didn't do that much testing in CPU mode, other than to confirm that it was working. I'll see if I can recreate the issue over here by sticking to CPU for a while...

Does this happen anytime you use Terrain Color? Or just in a particular scene? If you can post your scene perhaps it's a combination of the specific color layers that you're using that are causing the issue...
Update on this...

I believe I've tracked down the cause of this and it should be solved in the next build (v1.013). If you continue to experience this issue after upgrading (once it's released), let me know.