Tornado spinning debris
Hi,
 Does anyone know how to force tyflow particles to spin around tornado and don't fly away out into infinity.  I tried tyvortex, follow path, find target for helix but particles still spread out and dont stay spinning around the tornado.  Thank you
Biggest thing you'll want to do is dampen the velocity with a Slow operator above your Force operator...otherwise the forces are additive and yes - will approach infinity. Further dampening with the various falloff parameters - so forces don't extend from your tornado center to infinity - should also be done.

For a tornado I'd probably recommend a Path Follow operator...that way you can control the shape/animation of the tornado with more precision.

See attached. This is a simple example with simple particles - for a production scene you'd want to use PhysX particles so they collide using their shape mesh properly and such, and doing so would require further tweaking...but the principles would be the same.

Attached Files
.max   tornado.max (Size: 668 KB / Downloads: 111)
(03-05-2023, 02:30 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Biggest thing you'll want to do is dampen the velocity with a Slow operator above your Force operator...otherwise the forces are additive and yes - will approach infinity. Further dampening with the various falloff parameters - so forces don't extend from your tornado center to infinity - should also be done.

For a tornado I'd probably recommend a Path Follow operator...that way you can control the shape/animation of the tornado with more precision.

See attached. This is a simple example with simple particles - for a production scene you'd want to use PhysX particles so they collide using their shape mesh properly and such, and doing so would require further tweaking...but the principles would be the same.

Thank you!