Crash when changing lightpulse example
Exclamation 
Hi!

I am very fascinated by the lightpulse scripting example, and I was trying to see if I could use it to generate lichen growth!

I tried changing the script so that the leading edge of the light pulse emits particles into a new event. I did that by editing the "pulse" function. But I am not 100% sure if the code I made is valid, and 3ds Max crashes after I made the change.

This is the new function:

void pulse(int sInx, float pulseID) //this function initializes the pulse of a particular particle
{
tf.SetCustomFloat(sInx, "pulseID", pulseID); //assign the specified pulse value to a particle
tf.SetUVW(sInx, 1, new Point3(1, 0, 0)); //set the x-axis of a particle's UVW value to 1

int newSInx = tf.NewParticle(); //create a new particle
tf.SetPos(newSInx, tf.GetPos(sInx)); //assign the current position to the new particle
tf.OutputParticle(newSInx); //output the new particle
}

I have almost zero experience with C#, so there's probably something very wrong here. Can anyone help me out?
"NewParticle()" is not thread safe (this is stated in the new Script API window, but now in the old Script API listed below the main script, so I understand why it would not seem to be a problem at first)...so it's crashing due to a race condition.

You could either run the script single-threaded, or track when you want to spawn a particle in a thread-safe manner and then create them in 'postSimulationStep'.
Ahhh, gotcha! Thanks, will see if I can work around this.

Cheers!