UV Mapping to Vertex Color - How?
I have a Tyflow that features particles stuck to the volume of a mocap character dancing. Using TySplines, it creates an interesting, flowing ribbon effect.

I use a Mapping operator that uses velocity magnitude to drive UV channel 1. The material on the TySplines uses a gradient on UV Channel 1 to shift color and 'glow' whatever parts of the character (and the tysplines) that are moving fast vs. slow. 

It works / renders great...until I try to Cache / tyspline Cache. The UVs after cache seem 'statiic' ...they do not shift from 0-1 over time, driven by velocity like they do in the 'live' TyFlow event where the UVs are dynamic. I'm assuming the UVs are not written every frame...only once...even though my Mapping operator is set to continuous. 

My questions are:
1. Can I transfer 0 to 1 UV data into 0 to 1 Vertex color...which I believe would be baked into a tyCache / TySpline Cache?
2. Can I export just the 'particles' positions, velocity mag, + other attributes without 'geometry'? (and then re-load them / do stuff to them...like a birth loader operator?)

Perhaps I'm going about this wrong, and there is an alternate method to get this effect? TyFlow is awesome - so powerful, and flexiblle...there are many ways to get things done. I ended up keeping the 'live' particle flow in the scene and using a series of TyMesher objects to replicate and offset the timing of the dance sequence...I have to hit 'play' and let the entire timeline cache in the viewport before the TyMeshers can pickup and offset the time on the TySpline dancers.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I might be crazy...I built a simple scene and it looks like the UVs are baked into the TySpline along the length. Perhaps something else was throwing it off...