Issues with Chaos Cloud and TyCache
Not sure if I can get any insight if anyones had experience with this, but Chaos Cloud (Vray) says it supports TyCache, but whenever I submit renders all I get are static frames, as if it only exported the first mesh in the sequence.

Vray says they support it and it should work but it's not so I have to think it's something I've missed with my tyFlow/tyCache settings?

Anytime I try to using anything else like vrmesh or alembic I get awful scuffed looking models/rendering, tyCache is exactly what I simmed and it renders locally but getting it farmed out seems to be so far a headache.
For now I've settled on having an alembic vray proxy with a tyVertexVelocity on it, which seems to be rendering but I'm weary there'll be glitches here, would prefer to not have to do these work arounds

It feels like I'm missing something simple or a checkbox somewhere I'm not aware of to make this export properly via the vray importer
tyCache will render fine within Max on a renderfarm, but Chaos Cloud is kind of its own independent thing if I understand it correctly (I've never used it). I'm not sure what they mean when they say tyCache compatibility, but presumably they mean the vrmesh/vrscene export process can read tyCache particle data - the extent of that compatibility I'm not sure of though. If you're just getting static frames, then maybe it doesn't support animation.

When you export your tyCache, try disabling all the interfaces and also disable GPU instancing in its modifier panel. That will turn a tyCache into a regular mesh. You can even try putting an edit mesh modifier on top or something, to fully convert it into a generic mesh (overriding the baseObject classID essentially). Then, it's possible, that when you export you'll get the animation too.

Howevcer, for further help on this issue you'll have to ask Chaos directly...I don't have any control over how their Cloud render system reads or interprets tyCache data during export to their format.
I've tried the above and I had some success, seems placing an edit mesh helped it, now I have the problem of what I thought twas pretty standard tycache spline ivy growth blowing up vray and causing renders to fail, which I guess is just it being too high geo for the thing to handle

I at least am getting the stuff to show up in renders now though, thank you
The vrmesh/vrscene converter will bake everything down to meshes, yes, and you'll lose instancing optimization. Depending on the complexity of the ivy, that could definitely fill up RAM pretty quick.