Crashes on mapping node
Crashes on mapping node, mapping from objects.
(both affect particle mesh UVWs,affect particle mapping overrides)

Tried with v1.012-v1.018.
The gpu is RTX3080ti and the driver is studio ver 531.61.

Is there any way to deal with this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mapping overrides on particles will force all particles to be collapsed into a mesh, since Max's instancing function doesn't support UVW overrides (at least, it didn't in the past...I believe it's been fixed in newer builds but I haven't gone back to it yet).

With 75k particles, depending on the shape mesh you've chosen, that mesh may be filling up your VRAM and that's what's causing the crash.

To work around this in the viewport, the Display operator has some 'mapping overrides' options that you can use to ignore the overrides in the view, to retain instancing.

Furthermore, reduce the particle count temporarily (try 750 instead of 75000) to see if this is indeed the cause of the crash (it shouldn't crash with lower particle counts).
(05-19-2023, 12:40 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Mapping overrides on particles will force all particles to be collapsed into a mesh, since Max's instancing function doesn't support UVW overrides (at least, it didn't in the past...I believe it's been fixed in newer builds but I haven't gone back to it yet).

With 75k particles, depending on the shape mesh you've chosen, that mesh may be filling up your VRAM and that's what's causing the crash.

To work around this in the viewport, the Display operator has some 'mapping overrides' options that you can use to ignore the overrides in the view, to retain instancing.

Furthermore, reduce the particle count temporarily (try 750 instead of 75000) to see if this is indeed the cause of the crash (it shouldn't crash with lower particle counts).