Some small issues about the "select" operator
HI,Tyson!

Recently, I often use the "select" operator to select specific particles. Because the scene is in the adjustment stage, the number of particles will always change. Then when the number of particles in the scene changes, the particles selected before selecting the operator will be confused. This is really troublesome. I hope to solve this problem. thanks
The Select operator tracks particle IDs. If the IDs change, then the selection will change....there's not really anything that can be done about that.
The ID of particles may change as the number increases or decreases, so is there an attribute that is carried and unique since birth, just like a fingerprint (or if each particle has a random number attribute that can be read as a unique recognition method in the select operator channel)? This is just my guess.

(06-08-2023, 01:18 AM)tyFlow Wrote: The Select operator tracks particle IDs. If the IDs change, then the selection will change....there's not really anything that can be done about that.

The ID of particles may change as the number increases or decreases, so is there an attribute that is carried and unique since birth, just like a fingerprint (or if each particle has a random number attribute that can be read as a unique recognition method in the select operator channel)? This is just my guess.