Tyflow Issue with material override in Vray
Hi there

I've noticed few issues with Tyflow and Material Override in Vray. (sorry in advance if this is actually a vray issues and not tyflow)

First is in Vray CPU If you use a material override to excluded tyflow or a TyflowCache they loses their inherited materials and go to a default material.
I then tried applying the override material to "Instance material overrides" in the tyflow cache settings but it still renders a default material.
If you use included tyflow its fine and it change to the override material.
if you enable "Instance material overrides" then the Vray override material is visible.

In Vray GPU tyflow / tycache doesn't change at all when using include or exclude it shows the inherited materials. When "Instance material overrides" in the tycache is on, then the tycache overrided material visible in include and exclude.

Ive included some images, the ball on left is object Tyflow referencing, middle is the tyflow and the right is the Tyflow cache.

We are using max 2023.2.2 Update, Vray 6 1.1 updated (6.10.06 build 00001) and Tyflow version V1.018

I've made a sample scene of this setup in Vray CPU with with the tyflow and it's cache set to exclude. I've applied a material called "Mat Material Overide in TyflowCache" to the Instance material overrides in the tycache but set to off.

Thanks for your time

Liamw
Lead CG Artist

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   TyflowIssuewithMaterialOverrideInVray.zip (Size: 130.29 KB / Downloads: 53)
Thanks for the file - I'll look into the VRay CPU stuff. As for GPU, you'll have to contact Chaos if you have issues using that mode...they handled the tyFlow GPU implementation fully, so I don't have any control over how it's rendered there.
I'll submit the GPU issue to chaos shortly.

Thanks again for looking into this.