How to make things float?
Hello,

I come from 3dsMax 2022 and Particle Flow and now testing TyFlow beta.

I have to make an ice breaking simulation and 3ds Max Particle flow with mParticles is not going to cut it.
In Particle Flow, there is a mP Buoyancy node that makes objects behave as they were in a liquid and with that it is easy to make floating dynamic objects for ice pieces.

How do I archive the floating dynamic effect using TyFlow? I don't want to use Phoenix fd liquid simulation, but I need simple solution first.

I tried Surface Force node but I only manage to make things hover, objects don't orient themselves to the force as they would in the water.
I was able to get this result - https://tempclip.com/IpuDxvTn3LO5cbG/watch

Using a Slow, Spin (Travel Direction), Mass (by Surface Area), Speed, Noise (built-in), Surface Force and then an Object Bind to make them stick to the water surface.

That being said, it would be a nice addition to have a Buoyancy Force Operator.
(07-26-2023, 03:43 PM)betamax Wrote: I was able to get this result - https://tempclip.com/IpuDxvTn3LO5cbG/watch

Using a Slow, Spin (Travel Direction), Mass (by Surface Area), Speed, Noise (built-in), Surface Force and then an Object Bind to make them stick to the water surface.

That being said, it would be a nice addition to have a Buoyancy Force Operator.

Thanks for the reply,
I made an example with particle flow and Buoyancy node. Its not perfect either it seems but it would be important to get the ice pieces to level themselves correctly to the surface of the water and sway realistically when colliding. I would use mParticles to simulate but making the fracturing ice with it is super slow and bad.

I'm sure it can be done correctly with TyFlow but my limited knowledge with it is the hindrance, I started it two days ago.

I attach a crappy gif here from particle flow for the desired result, there you get the idea!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)