Why does spawn affect PhysX behaviour, when PhysX is deactivated?
Question 
Attached also a small video

When I activate "spawn" the object starts to jitter.

Why is that happening? The child is not physX.

It only spawns once.

Thanks

.mp4   Spawn affects physX.mp4 (Size: 2.06 MB / Downloads: 41)

I think it's because it spawns at the moment (frame) where Physx is still activated... it spawns.. it collides.. then it being deactivated...
You can try and place PhysX Switch (deactivate) above spawn operator, and in timing option set exact frame when you want to switch it off.

but I am not sure... maybe try telling us what you want to achieve?
Why spawn by step?
The situation is that many animated objects were spawned by a surface test.
As the object is spawned only once at the first frame, it can't has to do with the jitter in the later frames.

I have those tasks which I can't solve right now:

1.)
- Objects should collide (PhysX), and go into a new event, but keep their animation. 
The only way to keep animation I found until now is to spawn and link children to their parent.

2.)
- They should be spawned (once) with a surface test. I have still no idea how that is possible, while keeping their parents in place.

3.)
- As soon as the child have been spawned, the parent should become invisible (by material) and deactivated by physX.
I only need them to read out their animation. So I can't delete the parent and it must stay in that event (afar as I have tested it).

I also tried to solve it with custom properties, but did not succeed.

2) and 3) are the more important things, for the first I can find a workaround.

Thanks

I have asked now also on Facebook, maybe Simone can answer Example file: https://we.tl/t-Ai7xlft7sZ
Lightbulb 
Maybe I have a solution for changes within the same event:
Surface Test not with send out, instead with defining a custom float!
Have never examined this before.

Is this what you want?

In this file, a particle is being driven by PhysX, then spawn )at frame 15), and preserves the PhysX motion from previous one.

Attached Files
.max   PjysX_deactivare_preserve.max (Size: 724 KB / Downloads: 56)
(08-02-2023, 08:30 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Is this what you want?

In this file, a particle is being driven by PhysX, then spawn )at frame 15), and preserves the PhysX motion from previous one.

Thanks you! I will have a look tomorrow
(08-02-2023, 08:30 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Is this what you want?

I've tested further: 
- I have set a float, which changes the material after spawn (in order to make them invisible).

Attached a new file!  (v1.024)

And got new question Wink
- Is it possible to reset the Particle Age within the same event? (I know it's possible to restart when it enters a new event)
I have searched also in the Script operator, but did not find "SetParticleAge..."
(never worked with "Script" before, but think I should look into it)

or

- Is it possible to increase a float not by ticks but by frames?
When I check increase, it is increasing based on ticks. So when I would change the Simulation step size, it would alter the value.
My aim is to build a "time test", which counts since the frame when an attribute has been defined.
(reason: this would come handy in some tricky situations when I want to keep particles within one event but treat differently)

Thanks...

.max   Set conditions based on float values Max2022.max (Size: 920 KB / Downloads: 54)