Max 2024 w tyflow access violation crash
A month back I had a wierd issue that started with a bluescreen, after rebooting I could no longer start Max 2024 with TyFlow. It would crash during startup and the only fix I could find was removing TyFlow.
I figured a RAM stick might have gone bad and TyFlow somehow poked that RAM in a bad spot causing the crash.
But now the exact same thing started happening to another computer in our office.
Max 2023 works fine with TyFlow, Max 2024 works fine without TyFlow. I've tried different versions of TyFlow, upgrading Max, basicly anything I could think of.

Any idea of what the issue might be?

The 3ds max error report states:

Date/Time: 2023-08-11 12:27:54 +02:00
Application: 3dsmax.exe
Error: Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
Crashed Module Name: tyFlow_2024.dlo
Exception Address: 0x00007fff157a262b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Flags: 0
Exception Parameters: 0, 108
Please post the minidump (https://docs.tyFlow.com/feedback/bugs)
(08-11-2023, 11:57 AM)tyFlow Wrote: Please post the minidump (https://docs.tyFlow.com/feedback/bugs)

Heres minidumps from the two different systems, the systems are fairly similar (maybe completely identical, can't recall) in their configuration.
From the minidump it seems that the actual license file on the machine has become corrupted, resulting in a crash during activation. I would recommend two things:

1) Delete C:\programData\tyFlow\tyFlow.lic

This will force Max to reactivate and recreate the license file. This should fix the issue.

2) Upgrade to v1.024 (the latest build)

The latest build has an extra check in place to warn users if the previous crash of Max was due to corrupt license data, and to clear the license data if so.
(08-11-2023, 01:08 PM)tyFlow Wrote: From the minidump it seems that the actual license file on the machine has become corrupted, resulting in a crash during activation. I would recommend two things:

1) Delete C:\programData\tyFlow\tyFlow.lic

This will force Max to reactivate and recreate the license file. This should fix the issue.

2) Upgrade to v1.024 (the latest build)

The latest build has an extra check in place to warn users if the previous crash of Max was due to corrupt license data, and to clear the license data if so.

Wow thats extremely random and not at all what I was expecting. I was ready to try to swap RAM and see if that fixed it..
Thanks, it now starts as expected, will upgrade to latest TyFlow once we're inbetween projects.