VDB Display issue
Hey there
This is not a bug, but an issue.

I am right now working with around 8-9 million particle which are constantly calculated through VDB....now initially working with small amount of particles with VDB, I usually use vdb display to check velocity vectors and turn on "cache with simulation" on to see a proper movement of vectors...

now the issue I faced was, usually when you want to export this much high amount of particles, we usually turn off "Enable playback cache" - thinking that particles are not going to be cached, but the vdb display cache option is independent to this playback cache, hence my 3dsmax was continously getting crashed after few frames due to max RAM utilisation(128GB), It took me one full day to realise that cache is ON in VDB display, coz we tend to forget as its just a display operator...

So can you include VDB display cache inside the playback cache rollout as an option, so this kind of mistakes don't happen to anyone in future...

Thank you
Nayan Bodawala
Hmm yea, to be honest I don't really see a downside to simply disabling VDB Display caching when flow caching is disabled...I don't think another checkbox is required. I'll simply skip the display cache if the flow is not cached, in the next build and onward.
Whatever you feel right….
Thank you