Network Rendering Not Working
Hello,

I didn't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but I thought I'd start here.

My setup:
I have three personal machines, each running 3DS Max 2023 and Vray 6 update 1.2. I'm rendering via Vray GPU using GPU/CPU in all three machines. I have a Tyflow pro license and tyrender installed on my slaves.

My sim:

It's pretty simple. The idea is to create flickering text based on intersection with a mesh. Event 004 is when the text is "off". Event 002 is when the text is "on". The loop is so the text will flicker on and off based on when a mesh intersects. Cool.

My issue:
It renders fine locally. As soon as I try to use my slave machines, it just breaks and either flickers continuously or doesn't render the tyflow at all. I've tried it with a tycache and just rendering straight from the tyflow.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue might be?

Thank you!
Update. Can confirm it works fine with standard V-Ray CPU rendering. Seems like probably a bug. Should I take this up with Chaos Group?
Does it help if you change mesh operator from instance to triangle mesh?
(09-27-2023, 08:49 PM)d4rk3lf Wrote: Does it help if you change mesh operator from instance to triangle mesh?

I did try that to no avail with GPU rendering sadly.
What if you turn of "render only" in the mesh operator, and additionally add edit poly or edit mesh on top of the TyFlow?
That should essentially force Max to read TyFlow as a regular polygon mesh, and send it like that to the slaves.

That might be workaround, until Tyson, or someone else propose some better solution.
HI guys,

Same here.Version 3ds max 2020 vray 3.7 ... I tried distributed and no success?..Tried that thing with Render only and edit poly on top no sucess...
For DR you have to make sure that:

1) All machines have tyFlow installed

2) If rendering from tyCache, that the tyCache path is visible to all machines

Beyond that, any further issues must be taken up with Chaos.
Thanks !That worked now!