Piling up particles
What operators or settings must be used if I want to pile up particles. In my scene they all go down to ground, and not creating a pile as one would expect. The particles are not colliding with each other.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can add PhysX Shape in the second operator.
But be careful, it will include additional gravity, and ground collision, that you can disable on TyFlow icon, in modifiy panel, under PhysX settings
Thanks,

Do You mean second event? Then it would make sense. Would it work, if I replace the gravity force with PhysX operator. This is an underwater thing, so the particles should sing sing slowly.

Actually, at the moment I have yet another simulation going. I have placed Particle Physics operator just by following my intuition. It's in early stage, but it's beginning to look like it's piling up. I might want to let this go for a while, before switching to PhysX Shapes.

What do You think, would this be some kind of an answer?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, Particle Physics will work too, just keep in mind they are more for grain sims (spherical collisions only), so it won't be precise as PhysX.
If you don't need high precision, Particle PhysX will be just fine (and it's a lot faster then PhysX).

As for gravity and PhysX... you can do whatever it suits you. You can disable gravity in tyflow icon under physX, and just use force operator gravity.. or delete force operator and use gravity from TyIcon.
I just mentioned it, because it's on by default and you don't get confused why they fall, and there's no operator.
Thanks,

I'm beginning to see some progress here by using the Particle Physics. Particles are piling nicely at junk trap. I think I will do some iterations with the shape radius multiplier to get the piling to desired level before flushing the junk trap.

What does stiffness? My particles are sand and small stones.
Stiffness means how much they will bounce from each-other upon collision.
More stiffness - less bouncing, and opposite.
Thanks,

Since I'm using rocks and sand as particles, I see the results too bouncy, when using the default settings. Should I make it 1?
The stone particles are still bouncing. When stones are falling to junk trap, they behave like cellular plastic or something. The particle pile shrinks and then bounces particles up high. Is there a way for telling tyFlow, that particles are rigid?