Cloth Cuda Mass working in latest Versions?
Trying to do a simple cuda cloth over an object sim.
And i don't know why, what worked easily in the past is giving me headaches now.

My cloth seems to be very heavy.
I can turn down gravity to make it less heavy but changing mass values in cloth doesn't change anything in behavior.
A mass operator in the stack also don't do a thing.

Gravity -0,1cm
rest of the cloth stack pretty much untouched
Time Step 1/8
Particle Bind solver steps: 100

So i'm wondering if this is intented behavior or is some connection broken accidentally.
It reacts to the collision compensation mass multiplier in tyflow settings though... not sure if that's the thing to control the weight?

The more sim steps you have, the fewer bind solver steps you need. The 100 steps is probably the culprit here...reduce to like...5 or 10. If your cloth is too stretchy, reduce the overall sim timestep rather than increasing the bind solver steps.
(10-16-2023, 01:32 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The more sim steps you have, the fewer bind solver steps you need. The 100 steps is probably the culprit here...reduce to like...5 or 10. If your cloth is too stretchy, reduce the overall sim timestep rather than increasing the bind solver steps.

thx again for the fast reply and help Tyson!
Indeed i was discovering this right now!

It's very high dense cloth mesh, guess thats why it differs a bit.
I also think, regarding the high dense mesh, the values for stretch, shear and bend also differs a bit?
I'm trying to get the very fine wrinkles in the cloth but it feels CCCS is counteracting a bit.

But what about the mass? Why is it get dragged down so much?
At first i thought, there's so many cloth particles maybe their mass add up, but therefore is the setting "mass per cloth" right?
But it didn't change a thing.
Should i just lower Gravity? But doesn't that influence also how the cloth will cover the object? ie.e wrinkles and stuff?

(10-16-2023, 01:46 PM)olika3d Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 01:32 PM)tyFlow Wrote: The more sim steps you have, the fewer bind solver steps you need. The 100 steps is probably the culprit here...reduce to like...5 or 10. If your cloth is too stretchy, reduce the overall sim timestep rather than increasing the bind solver steps.

thx again for the fast reply and help Tyson!
Indeed i was discovering this right now!

It's very high dense cloth mesh, guess thats why it differs a bit.
I also think, regarding the high dense mesh, the values for stretch, shear and bend also differs a bit?
I'm trying to get the very fine wrinkles in the cloth but it feels CCCS is counteracting a bit.

But what about the mass? Why is it get dragged down so much?
At first i thought, there's so many cloth particles maybe their mass add up, but therefore is the setting "mass per cloth" right?
But it didn't change a thing.
Should i just lower Gravity? But doesn't that influence also how the cloth will cover the object? ie.e wrinkles and stuff?

okeey, we're talking 1/16 and upwards here! Cool
never been in that areas before but it's way better now
Mass has no effect on how quickly something falls (in tyFlow and in real life). In tyFlow, mass is purely a way to calculate influence ratios between particles. For example, a particle with a mass of 100 will have more influence on a particle with a mass of 1....but they'll both fall at the same speed under the influence of gravity.
(10-16-2023, 02:05 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Mass has no effect on how quickly something falls (in tyFlow and in real life). In tyFlow, mass is purely a way to calculate influence ratios between particles. For example, a particle with a mass of 100 will have more influence on a particle with a mass of 1....but they'll both fall at the same speed under the influence of gravity.

thx for clarification!
i was assuming it, kind of Confused