Tyflow terrain passed to UE
Hello, Tyson, How can tyflow output high-resolution height maps and color maps similar to World Machine. Due to the terrain of tyflow, railclone buildings, and forestpack plants, landscape architecture from 3dmax can be transferred to ue and fully restored

However, in tyflow, the maximum output can only be 8192 resolution terrain, which is completely insufficient for creating large terrain in ue

When I tried to use tyflow to block terrain, I found several issues

Firstly, if the terrain tile is placed above the terrain color and output a 2048 resolution map , the map will be very clear, but there will be dirt on the seams, And the generated height map may have inconsistent heights

Then, if the terrain color is placed above the terrain tile, the seam position of the output map will not have dirt, but even if the resolution is increased, it will still be very blurry, such as 2048 resolution and 512 resolution being equally blurry
Please see the scene here: https://forum.tyflow.com/thread-3933-pos...l#pid13012 where I answered your questions.

Maps will be blurry if placed above Terrain Tile because you're upsampling them without adding detail.

I provided an example of more advanced blending methods in that scene, where no detail is lost.

For height maps, when exporting either uncheck "normalize", or ensure "normalize - combined" is the method chosen.
(10-19-2023, 01:43 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Please see the scene here: https://forum.tyflow.com/thread-3933-pos...l#pid13012 where I answered your questions.

Maps will be blurry if placed above Terrain Tile because you're upsampling them without adding detail.

I provided an example of more advanced blending methods in that scene, where no detail is lost.

For height maps, when exporting either uncheck "normalize", or ensure "normalize - combined" is the method chosen.

Yes, when selecting normalize - combined, the height map is unified and no seams are visible. Is there a way to completely eliminate the seams in the color map?