Tyflow pro not multithreading or GPU accelerating
i used the free version of Tyflow on
3990x
64gig
2080ti
and i was impressed with the speed. so i proceeded 3weeks back to buy the license
for the pro version.
after putting in the license key. The performance crippled, simulation became frustrating.
Something must have gone wrong between the free and the paid.
25,532 particles with only 50% of processor usage, max not responsive, simulation
Tyflow version 1.029

**Tyflow is the only plugin making me reconsider 3dsmax as part of my pipeline again. worked with pflow 8yrs back***
.max   sim04.max (Size: 1.01 MB / Downloads: 106)

Attached is the max file
Since you have a threadripper, you should enable "pin threads" in the CPU rollout of a tyFlow object to regain full speed - threadrippers have context switching issues on Windows if their threads are not pinned to a core, resulting in poor multithreading performance (even worse than single-threaded in comparison, in many cases). The "pin threads" setting is sticky and only needs to be set once.
(12-21-2023, 01:46 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Since you have a threadripper, you should enable "pin threads" in the CPU rollout of a tyFlow object to regain full speed - threadrippers have context switching issues on Windows if their threads are not pinned to a core, resulting in poor multithreading performance (even worse than single-threaded in comparison, in many cases). The "pin threads" setting is sticky and only needs to be set once.

Thanks. The juice is better.
please, are there any other "threadripper specific notes"
Nope, just that.