memory Issues.
Lets say I have a heavy TyCache 200MB per frame.
And I want to scatter that animated TyCache with some ofset.

One would think that to be able to visualize each frame It would need 200MB per each instanced offseted object right?
so lets say 40 copies would be 8GB more or less.

But seeems that is not the case... seems that is trying to put all the sequence in ram, all the full frames, and we are running out of memory very very fast.
Is this expected am I missing somethin here?
it is closer to 88GB on mem.
Of course this number goes over 128GB very easy making the scene unable to render.
The peculiarity is that there is Particles, Lines, and a Mesher all in that tycache.... maybe it provokes some issue? or is actually and expected behaviour?

well here is a video with the "issue"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bA0a88S...sp=sharing
Disable "keep frames in RAM" in your tyCache settings...then it won't keep the previously loaded frames in RAM, which will reduce RAM usage across copies of a cache.
(01-07-2024, 08:10 PM)tyFlow Wrote: Disable "keep frames in RAM" in your tyCache settings...then it won't keep the previously loaded frames in RAM, which will reduce RAM usage across copies of a cache.

I think I tried that also, and didn't work, 
when rendering in the farm the frame RAM usage will skyrocket, 

And I thought it could be a bug as I tried with a heavy tycache but only mesher and particles, and didn't occur.
I'll give it another try though and update here.

There is only 2 tycaches. thre are not other copies, 1 is just a heavy sim, and the second one is Tyflow is duplicating that first Tycache animation with offsets.
so there is 1 tycache for loading the first sim,
1 tycache ( or tyflow, the issue is the same ) to scatter and offset the first tycache.

BTW I uploaded here both scenes and tycache.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pmMlf3k...sp=sharing

so I think...

It is because in the seccond tycache or tyflow, to be able to load the first tycache it puts it all in 1 file.
TyMesh of 20GB

then for each instance of this animation offseted it just duplicates this 20GB again and again instead of just loading the frame it will render.
Correct?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

maybe I should plan that differently... scatter just points with the 2nd tyflow... and then find a way to replace those with Individual TyCaches ( with keep in ram off ) then possibly will be loading just the specific frame for each tycache offset and not all the sequence like now.

maybe?